A person who is going through a CRB check should have certain documents ready before applying for the process. These documents will help you to undergo the CRB check properly.
The applicant who is going through the CRB check must give their employers the original documents, which will help them to prove their identity. In order to go through the CRB check, the applicant must be able to show
- Biometric residence permit
- Current driving license with recent photograph
- Birth certificate
- Adoption certificate
If the Applicant does not have any of the above documents, then he must have
- Current driving license that is valid
- Marriage certificate
- HM forces ID card
- Firearms license
- Birth certificate
As an individual you would be eligible for a basic CRB check that will show any kind of unspent criminal convictions. You would receive a certificate that you can keep for yourself. Standard and organization checks are available for organizations to apply on behalf of their employees.
Basically you need to have any of the following documents from the following groups
- Current valid passport
- Biometric Residence Permit (UK)
- Current driving license (UK), full or provisional. Photo card only for Isle of Man/Channel Islands licenses, which should be presented with the associated counterpart license (except Jersey)
- Birth certificate (UK and Channel Islands), issued at the time of birth. The full and short forms are both acceptable, including those issued by UK authorities overseas, e.g. Embassies, High Commissions and HM Forces (photocopies are not acceptable).
- Current UK driving license (old style paper version)
- Current non-UK photo driving license (valid for up to 12 months from the date you entered the UK)
- Birth certificate (UK and Channel Islands) issued after the time of birth by the General Register Office/relevant authority (photocopies are not acceptable)
- Marriage/civil partnership certificate (UK and Channel Islands)
- Adoption certificate (UK and Channel Islands)
- HM Forces ID card (UK)
- Firearms License (UK and Channel Islands)
- Mortgage statements
- Bank building and society statements
- Bank and account opening form statements
- Financial statements
- Council Tax statement
- Work Permit/Visa
- Letter of sponsorship
- Utility bill
- Benefit statement
- Document from central/local government authority
- EU National ID Card.
These documents are also important for applying for a CRB statement. Another thing that is required for a CRN check is that you need to have a mental health certificate that is issued by a government hospital that will show that you are absolutely in the positive state of mind before applying for a job. You need this information before you apply for a particular job like working with children, the vulnerable group, mentally disabled people and special group. Ensure that these documents are with you and you can show then while a CRB check and there is smooth flow of the process. How long is a CRB valid for? CRB checks do not have to be renewed however most organizations apply their own rules and frequently want them renewed every three years.